FashionGuests: I have Sacrificed My LIFE says ARMANI

Monday, August 20, 2012

Share Button

I have Sacrificed My LIFE says ARMANI

In an interview in Elle UK's September issue the designer Giorgio Armani said: "Life, I have sacrificed life. The life of a young man when I first started out and the life of a grown man at the age I am now."


Armani, who turned 78 last month, is both CEO and creative director of his business, which he owns outright without any outside investors. He says building his empire made having time for friendships a difficult challenge.

"It is even more so now. Even harder, which is very sad because life is all about friendships, discovering people's personalities, falling in love, not just once or twice, but often. In a word, life. To live in the world. For example, I don't know Milan. People tell me of Milan," said the designer, who has lived in the city for over half a century.

His personal life isn't the only sacrifice Armani has made for the sake of his business. He told WSJ. Magazine in June that his penchant for exercise once put him in the hospital.

Source: Getty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment